Saturday 8 October 2016

Engagement Card for Emma & Glen

Hi All, we were invited to an Engagement party, for this afternoon; this is the card I made this morning.

I used Stampin' Up! products unless other wise stated. I was inspired from images on Pinterest...thank you to everyone who have their cards on there, I hope I can pass on your inspiration....

The Card stock colours I've used are Night of Navy, Always Artichoke & Pink Pirouette. The colours didn't show up true...sorry. :/

For the Owls, I used a Neutural colour which is retired and I think it's "Going Grey" from way back...I found it in my scrap bag of bits n pieces.

The ribbon is Silver 3.2mm, page 178 of New SU Catty, [1st June 2016-31st May 2017].

I used the sentiment "Cherish" from the "Warm Words" set, [retired]; was stamped with Versamark then Embossed with Silver Embossing powder.

I used the "Modern Label" punch [retired], for the Sentiment, punching out a second one in Pink Pirouette then cutting in half length wise to secure under the Night of Navy piece with snail. 

The silver heart was punched with "Confetti Hearts Border", the paper was silver wrapping paper, I've run out of the Stampin' Up! foil sheets [on page 175 of Catty], I'm grateful that this piece was handy. 

For the flowers on the female Owl, I punched from the same piece of wrapping paper, and cut with a die [not SU]. There are four flowers at the bottom of the 'dress' tho the photo doesn't really show it clearly. In the center of the flower on the Owls head there is a Rhinestone.

The love hearts were punched with the Confetti Hearts Border as well, and out of Pink Pirouette card.

I used one of the stamps out of the "Timeless Textures" set to stamp the background of the top piece 'Night of Navy' with stamped off and full colour random stamping. 

Since I don't have the new Heart dies, I had to improvise and cut the first one on the pink card, then place the blue card over and run through the bigshot again, this left an indent that I could follow as I fussy cut, leaving a rough but nice edge. I'm going to invest in the New hearts die, which will omit the fussy cutting and leave a better border !!

I almost forgot to mention, that I used the Owl Builder Punch on page 188 of catty  :D

take care
and remember....
if everything is hurried...
take time out
and
make a card !

cheers
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment