Friday 10 October 2014

Scrap Page LO # 53

      Inspiration comes in all shapes and forms, when an idea drops into my head, I have to jot it down to capture it, and save it for later, that's why I keep a folder with all of my Lay Out inspirations.
   
However,  THIS page was inspired by a Layout I was directed to on YOU TUBE.  Have a look at Ronnie Simpson's page "The Elf Door" see it here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2fDlFiPhOY

      I've not done exactly as Ronnie, but I did some layering, inspired by her LO. I love it when a page transforms into a work of art, [I suppose I'm a bit bias, but others may agree how their page elements fall into place]

I've used the Hexagon Thinlets die and the Hexagon Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, and the Six Sided Sampler stamp set  from Stampin' Up! It is easy to create a page with matching tools to use.



For the stamping is at the top of the page, I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the images.

I used the Arrows TIEF as well to give a contrast to the visual effect.

It's all about layering and texture.


Red Glimmer Paper is visible in the shot above and to the right. It is great to use, the sparkle of Glitter is there but it will not rub off as glitter will.

The candy dots are fun to use, without placing them in the Brad holder. They are sticky backed like the Rhinestones and Pearls, so are easy to use.

I used the Co-ordinations paper [now Retired] this paper can be sanded and looks great. The core colour is lighter, and shows through. See the effect above, the hexagon edges stand out and left, the shapes have been sanded.
And here is the finished page.
I hope you have been inspired to go create something for your self. 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment